Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ike and stuff




It was an uneventful week, until Sunday evening. Mother-in-law (MIL) was visiting and I was getting ready to start the midnight shift. K and B had gone to Youth group and H/mil were watching Jack, when I went to take a nap. When my alarm went off, it sounded like all hell had broken loose. Tropical storm Ike had arrived. Power was unreliable at the house and as I left, K told me to watch for downed trees. It took me almost an hour to go the ten miles to the plant because of traffic and backtracks to avoid downed trees. The only places on the PA side of the border that I could see that had power were the two plants on the river. No trouble at the plant and the grid was amazingly stable. The only bad thing going on was that the Cable was down, hence no Jack on Monday. I got tired of waiting and uploaded him at work for your enjoyment. The two pictures show him moving toward the camera under his own power and I am going to try to figure out how to shoot video on the camera so that you can see him in action. Enjoy!!

No comments: