Monday, December 1, 2008

Alas, December already

Well, I had intended on posting a bunch of pictures taken during the holiday period last evening, Jack was napping and I actually had the time. Wouldn’t you know it, K had the camera at Youth group. During the ensuing search, I found that I actually hadn’t posted for two (2) weeks. Embarrassing, it was to say the least. It was a strange time both at work and home. We actually had work at work. I’m not sure how I feel about that, I mean work for time and a half or double time, sure, but work for straight time?? That’s poop!!! Jack is amazing as usual, he is pulling up to standing. I doubt that he will be crawling long! The older two are doing well, perhaps some pictures there as well.

I had started a post on things that I am thankful for, but the list is so long and most sounds cliché, so I will say this: I am working on being thankful for where I am and what I have. I complain and am usually stressed out by things that I do not have and fail to see that those things should illuminate what I should be thankful for. For example, I have two cars that are broke and I didn’t have the money to repair either of them, this causes me stress. What I should be thankful for is that I had the money to buy my old Junker and that it is running really well. So the list like this is really big and changing the paradigm is difficult, but I’m working on it. I will say that I am thankful for Jesus, that he is there for me wherever the Eucharist is, and that he died for me. The rest is gravy.

Several posts ago, my blogfriend Ed posted in and indicated that because of his active 2 year old, he and his wife were having difficulty getting temperatures, severely limiting their love life. Well, I am no expert on this but, I routinely get up and get Jack in the early morning, check the diaper and such, while K gets her temp and gets “the good stuff ready.” Perhaps that would help. Additionally, we are using the NFP book more like the “Pirate Code,” and trusting God a lot (with a wink and a grin). For you old Navy guys, think about plotting time/freq and getting just enough data to “fair a curve.” Should be good for a laugh for you old 637 electrical types.

Well, as I am actually at work, and signed on, I should actually do some work. We have some visitors for the next two weeks, you can google “INPO” or just think mini-ORSE. Pictures later today.

No comments: