Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the latest job news

I had hesitated in posting anything about the NRC License class being held on the site because I was unsure if I would be in it. The Operations Manager, Sam, had called me in and stated that the SRO positions had all been filled but that he had a RO position available. Don’t misunderstand me, RO is a respectable position, just not what I was looking for. Consider my age, the fact that the program is 18 months long and that I would have to do the entire thing again I was not licensing twice. I had formally declined and had planned to finish my bachelors’ degree and then reapply when on Christmas Eve called me at my tour desk (I was on afternoon shift) and said that he had gotten permission to offer me the SRO job. So, after some soul searching (loosing a lot of overtime), I accepted the job. I’ll continue to blog about the family here but will be keeping you up to date on the class over at www.nukesro.blogspot.com. Come on over and check it out if you like…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing my blog setup