Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the nuclear powered car wash

as most of you know, I do work in a plant making electricity. that's not really what this post is about. it is really about digging out the front ditch at my house. it is about 50 feet long and the previous owner had the forsight to line it with brick. the red kind that houses are made of. so i took my new wheelbarrow and went to town. the facts are this, I moved 15 loads of wash, consisting of road gravel, sediment and other organics. each load was about 5 cubic feet, with a cubic foot weighting about 75 pounds. do the math and you get 5625 pounds of dirt. the funny part about this "hole" thing is that as I started hauling the dirt off in about the second load, I started singing about "not getting rich but being better than diggin a ditch" that's right the carwash song. the thing that made me laugh was that by load 10, the neighbour, who was working in her yard too, had pulled her truck up and turned on her fave radio station.....really loud. So, working at the plant as a hourly employee (this year) may not make me rich, but man, it is so much easier than that...

pictures when I get them uploaded.

No comments: