Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fruit of the vine???











As you all may know, I have been dabbling in "country" wine making, similarly to the types of wine that your great grandmother may have made in her kitchen. My latest endeavor is to use the available fruit. I have about 4 gallons of Crabapple aging from the first batch, the pictures are of me working on the second crabapple batch and I have a third mixed crabapple, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, that I just started on Friday. The green jug is a special cherry/pear batch H and B picked the cherries from a tree on the property line to the north and the pears were in the basket in the kitchen getting ready to go bad. Some of you may recognize my secondary fermentation vessel.....most of my receipts say to bottle and age for at least 6 months. Ill let you know, for now enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh - wonder where that big ol' bottle came from...

Hopefully it's been rinsed out at least a few times.