Monday, October 13, 2008

monday.....and I'm actually blogging


That’s right folks, I actually am making my entry on time. The bad part is that the camera with the Monday Jack is at home and I am looking down the turbine hall at our “money maker.” So, to keep things honest, I’ll post this and then when I get home at about 2300, put up some pictures.

An eventful week, some days off, some overtime, some back shift. I am on swings this week and have been spending the mornings with Jack. He is truly amazing and too smart for my good. His new thing is chewing on electrical cords and playing with outlets. We are working on the cords and are covering the rest of the outlets on Friday (payday). We are having some firewood delivered on Friday and I am in the process of trying to get a locust tree cut up in the yard. It should be enough to wood to get us through the first of the year. I’ll post pictures as they come up. Also, we re-painted the wood stove this week, I am hoping to get it hot and seasoned before the weather turns (should smoke a lot) and to get the chimney cleaned. If the cost of wood stays the same, I’ll most likely get another cord and a half from a friend who had several trees come down during IKE. H spent the weekend in NC at her first NASCAR race. She sounded like she enjoyed it, I’ll ask her to comment on this post. Well, as we say around here, “I gotta go do something nuclear.”
no, that is not me, not that turbine is not big enough and no, that guy is not an American.

No comments: