Friday, November 14, 2008

things you dont see every day







H requested that I wear my uniform for the St. Al’s program, so here I am. The pictures are just OK. Note that since I wore my uniform, I had to shave and get a hair cut, hence the look on Jacks face. The poor thing is still trying to figure out why I look different after the haircut. For all of you, who are retired, be jealous if you can’t get into your last active duty uniform. I took it off of the hanger and viola!!! Instant (retired) Navy Chief. I do have to admit that the reason for at least one strained look is that the collar is about half an inch too tight. I unbuttoned on the way home and could actually feel the blood flow returning to normal. Additionally, last night I broke a tooth off eating peanuts so the smile may be a little strained. Overall it was a great experience; I enjoyed being in uniform again, and am glad that I am authorized to wear it on special occasions. Fret not, you advocates of civilian life, there is no, I repeat NO way that I will be wearing this uniform professionally again (unless God drops the hammer on me, again). On the negative side, it reminded me of the good aspects of the old canoe club and I’m having a (b)witchty night at work. The top picture is H clowning around with my combination cap and doesn’t she look good in uniform. Perhaps we will have to keep an eye on that, not wanting her to run off and join the circus (Navy) and all.


2 comments:

Lwoodemc said...

I love the look Jack is giving you. It is priceless.

montigrande said...

lwood,

its the same look we got from all the nubs when we asked them why they were dink!!